Steampunk Crusader

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by chaitanyak, Apr 11, 2012.

1. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak New Member
    Picked these up yesterday. the shipping costs had gone up.. so me and a friend decided to pool in and order our prints together so that we could split the shipping costs. The package arrived a week back, but i was so busy at work and other stuff.. i could only go pick it up last night.

The design is from a "Crusader"robot i was designing a while back.. heres the initial sketch
    ,modelled and rendered in blender
    crusader chest.jpg
    and final images of it in shapeways' Stainless Steel and Translucent Detail materials
    will add more
  2. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak New Member
    more pics of the ss print
  3. GlenG
    GlenG New Member
    If you flat sand the faces of the "cross" this design will really jump. Easy to do: 240 grit wet/dry metal finishing paper, stuck down to a dead flat plate, like a sheet of glass. 15 minutes or less each side.
  4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Very much liking the Stainless print!
    And to agree with GlenG, a polish on the smooth areas would really make your Steampunk Crusader pendant shine - no flat polishing though, check out my ring in the steel advanced rules to see what can be done with a rotary dremel type tool.
  5. chaitanyak
    chaitanyak New Member
    thanks @GlenG and @stop4stuff
    that helps a lot.
    was wondering about that myself . this is my first metal print.. its really tiny, will definitely try polishing, now that i know how simple it should be