Speaker Stand For Pioneer Satellite Speakers

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by gijs_vermeer, Jul 8, 2017.

1. gijs_vermeer
    gijs_vermeer New Member
    Hello Forummembers,

I just designed a speaker stand for my pioneer satellite speakers. Right now they are placed behind the couch on a cabinet wich sits a bit too low. I want to raise them a bit by using a custom made stand.

This is my second project I wanted to have 3d printed, so I don't have much experience. I was hoping any of you guys could give me some advice on what material to use. Or how to change my design to get it a bit cheaper.

The model has to be black, and look a bit decent in the living room. It also has to be strong enough to carry the satellite speaker.

Right now it's quoting me $67.81 for strong and flexible black plastic, but im not sure if that is the best choice. Almost all other materials show issues, except for stainless steal wich is very expensive.

Hoping to hear from any of you soon.

Thank you,

Gijs

Attached Files:

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Nice design! How thick is it? (I just opened it to see what it looked like, didn't measure anything) Sometimes Sandstone can be cheaper than Strong and Flexible. But what I would do, your model is very solid. So if you can shell it, or add some holes, you can reduce cost some. Another option would be to make it an assembly. You have that base with the tall rise to where the speaker attaches. Maybe make the base and the part where the speaker attaches, then use a piece of wood or metal as the riser? Then you could also make it with some way to grip the riser so that the height could be adjustable.

3. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    You might reduce printing costs, using aluminum tubes from the hardware store.

2 Tubes = $5
    Printing ~ $30

upload_2017-7-11_8-37-30.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. gijs_vermeer
    gijs_vermeer New Member
    The model is 320mm high and has a thickness of 5mm. You guys gave me some good ideas. I just have to figure out how to hide the cable on its way up. I'll post the result as soon as I've come up with something. Thank you very much!

5. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    My favorite cable guide,- because it works very well ( as on many stationary phones , routers etc.):

Bottom view:
    upload_2017-7-12_1-46-40.png

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    If you use tubing as kaadesign suggested, you could run the cable through the tubing!