Some problems that have me stuck

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 201875_deleted, Sep 16, 2012.

1. My name is Doug Thornton and I registered as a Shapeways member in July 2012.

My first model uploaded was of a commemorative pendant for a 37th anniversary my wife is having. I ordered and received a 3D Print design prototype in White, Strong & Flexible, and was delighted with the product and service, with the exception of the turn-around time. I live near Las Vegas, NV - when Shapeways start producing in New York State, turn-around time for US orders should be quicker.

Of course, since receiving the WSF print I have modified the design and ordered another print along with a few other models I'm planning to offer through a Shapeways Store. I know there will a learning curve I'll have to get through before every thing is up and running smoothly. (i.e., wire sizes and changing material specifications and processes)

This brings me to some problems that have me stuck:

When I followed the steps in your How to open a Shop tutorial, I am instructed to open a My Designs page. I assume this is the same as My Models page listed under "Doug Thornton" on the home page when I log into Shapeways.com. I have looked for a My Designs page - no luck. Anyway:

1) I have not been able to get a png or jpg photo/image to upload in the Edit Models Mode/Add a photo browser. I have attempted both 674 by 501 and 450 by 324 pixel images.

2) I have not been able to get a png or jpg mug-shot photo/image to upload on the Account page.

Other images have uploaded - is there a detailed instructions for these problems? I have already followed the How to open a Shop tutorial, that's what got me here, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Well I see that you have a shop, that part appears to be working. There have been issues with photo uploading since the latest update. What browser are you using?

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Doug,

This is a known bug at the moment, and what might fix it is this:

Your images are in fact uploading but the dialog box that normally appears is missing - so once you upload an image, go back out of the edit mode of your model, and you will see it there. Then you can go back into edit mode to add another image.

Its a bit cumbersome at the moment, but it does work.

Let us know!

Best,
    Natalia

4. Thanks Natalia and Youknowwho4eva,

I am using Internet Explorer/Yahoo as a browser.

Following the "Your images are in fact uploading but the dialog box that normally appears is missing - so once you upload an image, go back out of the edit mode of your model, and you will see it there. Then you can go back into edit mode to add another image," process did not show any results for me.

Still no uploaded images except for the one I emailed sent to Support and they posted it to my model (Bench Seat).

Still in a quandary? Can this "Bug" be fixed on your end.

Doug