Sku Gone?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by LoveAndShapes, Jan 5, 2019.

1. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    Maybe I am blind an/or confused...
    But I remember a sku field in the product page that I used to fill, is it gone?

Thanks, robert

2. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    I haven't seen one since June 2017 when I joined or we would have been using it!

3. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    @LoveAndShapes Thanks for reaching out with your question.

We have a 9 digit unique product code in the URL of every product page you create:

Look for it in the URL:
    www.shapeways.com/product/XXXXXXXXX

Let me know if you are looking for something else.

4. LoveAndShapes
    It's quite a while that I used this option, i have no idea when t disappeared.
    Now I am trying to have a structure between my different shops hence the need for it.

Thanks for replying :)

5. LoveAndShapes
    Thanks that already somewhat helpful, the problem is that I cannot change that to what makes sense to me.
    The best thing i can think of is to change my model names and include a sku in the name.

Kind regards, robert

6. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    @LoveAndShapes thanks for the reply.

The product numbers we make are auto-generated by the site software when you upload the model and create a product page. There's no active method to make custom SKUs at this time, so any customization would need to be included in the model title at your discretion.

7. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    I don't recall there ever being a user accessible sku field anywhere on the site, at least since around 2011. There is also a numeric model number automatically generated for each model but you can't change that either. The product title and/or model name are good places to add such an identifier. Another place would be in the product description.

Here's an example product that uses a self generated sku in the product title but it was not also used in the model name.
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/9DLQTCRSD/wrist-model-sku-015

jimmyadvice likes this.