Site re-design bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by lensman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I hope this isn't going to be a trend like the last site re-design...

My shop banner does not display on my Public Shop page, whether I am logged in or not. It displays fine on my editing view of the shop.

EDIT: 26th July - Banner is now displaying correctly.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. Dragoman
    Dragoman New Member
    My banner is still there, but my shop logo is gone

Karl Heinz
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  3. Dragoman
    Dragoman New Member
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    What internet program are you using, and version number? This will help track down where issues are.
  5. scientist2010
    scientist2010 New Member
    I experienced the same problems.

<i></i> and <b></b> tags to make text italic or bold do not work any more. The text is shown as normal.

I use Safari 5.1.5, but I do not think there was a problem with the program, because until the re-design it worked perfectly well.

Thanks for fixing in advance,

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Instead of <b></b>, use <strong></strong> for bold text, which is supported in Shapeways model pages description. More info about other tags can be found at

For <i></i>, not sure about that as it is recommened to use another method, maybe hack Shapeways stylesheet for the appropriate style or include font-style:italic into the description if that's supported.

[edit]lol... the 'i' tags I used within the paragraph above have been ignored = stylesheet overide - quote this post and you'll see where there should be italics
  7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    <SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic">Something here</SPAN> works for italics in model page description :)

8. scientist2010
    scientist2010 New Member
    Thank you!!

Your solution for italic text works very well.
    The tip using <span> for everything is great. I tried different things and found that <strong></strong> is really the replacement of <b></b.

Howsoever, it works!