Since When Does Shapeways...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike962, Nov 30, 2018.

1. mike962
    mike962 Member
    I have a new model that, while I'm not ready to list it for sale, I'd like to list it publicly so my followers can see and anticipate what's coming next. So I select "Display to the Public" and save changes on my product editing page. I get a display message that says, "your product is set to private pending review by the Shapeways Team." NEVER seen that before...this model IS NOT offered for sale, and it is preliminary. But since when does Shapeways gate-keep even the simple public listing of a model?? I had it listed publicly previously (and it was viewable via my "Creations" tab) and merely updated the model. Any ideas?

2. mike962
    mike962 Member
    And an email:

Hi Mike,

Our team has completed its review of your model USS Monitor turret. It is now available in your Shapeways shop and ready for sale.

Have more questions? Send our service team an email - service@shapeways.com or just reply to this email.

Best,
    Shapeways Team

WTH is this?

3. mike962
    mike962 Member
    Replied to their email inquiry what was up, received this response. So question answered:

Hey Mike,

This was triggered by a bug in the system that accidentally marked models with the name "turret" as having to be manually checked by our legal team.
    We have since identified the bug and fixed it right away :)

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Mitchell

4. Then can you explain why several of us are getting the same issue, when we don't have the word turret?

5. mike962
    mike962 Member
    I'd guess it's because the logarithm is much more far reaching and it's ensnared a word you have used.

6. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    Whaaaaat? Manual checks are triggered by text, not by wall thickness and fine details? Weird.

From now on, all of my models are going to be called "big fat thick thing." :D

mike962 and Vortical like this.
  7. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    This manual check is only to verify that the product you're trying to sell meets our content policy.
    Unfortunately this process doesn't determine printabilit :D

Ontogenie likes this.
  8. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    [​IMG]