Shipping options at checkout

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by FreeRangeBrain, Oct 23, 2013.

1. FreeRangeBrain
    FreeRangeBrain New Member
    I believe this only applies to North American orders at the moment. Maybe.

There was an announcement made that shipping was now available at a few different service (speed) levels. When checking out the goodies in the shopping cart, however, there is no selectable option. Yes, I sent an email to service regarding my shipping preference referencing my order number, and have full expectation that they'll follow my request. Newbies and guests may not realise that an option exists.
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    You are almost correct as Canada is part of North America. Shipping options are currently available for US residents only.
  3. FreeRangeBrain
    FreeRangeBrain New Member
    Hmm... Interesting. My last order came via ground. All previous came via air. Still UPS, still presumed to be flat rate. No indication that the latest would be different, with the exception of the announcement previously mentioned. (Yeah, I thought it odd, considering the change was with regard to USPS, not UPS.)

(No, I don't crave a different carrier, though not having ridiculous brokerage fees would be nice. That's a beef I have with UPS, not Shapeways.)
  4. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Yes, ever since they started offering the shipping options to US customers, all Canada shipments have become Ground rather than Air.

So far, we've seen a drawback of this system, with no benefit.
  5. natalia
    natalia New Member
    Hey guys,

To clarify, if you are not in the US (and can choose your shipping option) we ship UPS Ground everywhere as a default, but if the order is threatening to be late, we choose 2 day or next day air to get it to you on time.

Canadian shipping has not changed in any way - we only changed the US shipping so far.

That said, we are continuing to improve shipping for the WHOLE world, so stay tuned for details soon ;)

6. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Yes, Canadian shipping has changed. Before the US got shipping options, everything shipped by air (or 'UPS SAVER', arriving the next day) - now, it ships by ground (or 'UPS Standard', arriving in a few days).

I'm fine with that change (especially if it's the harbinger of more shipping options), but don't tell me there WASN'T one.
  7. natalia
    natalia New Member

I will keep you posted with improvements :)