Shapeways Total Lack Of Communication.

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by hendie, Mar 6, 2020.

1. hendie
    hendie Member
    I've just had a customer contact me to inform me that their order has been put on hold - with no other explanation. I checked my shop to find that that particular model had disappeared.
    I eventually found it in my models and Shapeways has now set it to NOT FOR SALE - but without any communication whatsoever to me, the shop owner.

I've no idea what is going on. I just printed the same design for myself a few weeks ago and it printed just fine with no issues.
    On checking the model page I get a message:
    Unfortunately this version of your model cannot be printed successfully in one or more materials. These materials have been marked as "Update Model to Print" in the Select Materials list when editing this model. For more details refer to the email sent and/or contact service@shapeways.com

Okay - I checked the Select Materials list and there is nothing marked in any way and when I click the link I get an OOPS we can't find the page you're looking for message.

Wouldn't it be nice if Customer Service actually provided a service to their customers and didn't leave them completely in the dark?

2. Lefteri
    Lefteri Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hello, @hendie thank you for reaching out about this. I'm sorry you did not receive a message about the printability concerns. When a model sold through the marketplace is flagged we send an automated email to both the designer and the customer. It may be that this email ended up in your spam folder or you might not be checking the email address associated with your Shapeways account.

You can verify/change the email address associated with your Shapeways account by visiting https://www.shapeways.com/settings/email. If you are unable to find the email we sent in your spam folder, please reach out to service@shapeways.com and we can investigate further.