Shapeways Test - silver ring -

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by DarioScapittaDesign, Mar 5, 2013.

1. DarioScapittaDesign
    DarioScapittaDesign New Member
    Hi SHAPEWAYS team,

at the end of January I've ordered this ring in High Glossy Silver, just for a test. The same model was already printed by another service. When I've received it I've immediately noticed some differences regarding the high glossy finishing. At that time I've immediately contacted the CS and, as ever, they have arranged everything. (I have to say that Shapeways customer service is great)

As you can see on the SHAPEWAYS sample there are some points (in red) where the glossy finishing is totally missing, the rest of the ring is very good finished (in green).

It was very pity, because the rest of the ring was perfect and also my logo has very high details.

My question is, how this ring will be finished with the new PREMIUM silver?

silver finishing 1.jpg

If the PREMIUM finishing is made by hand, the ring should be finished in all its parts (red points included), isn't it?

Hoping that the PREMIUM finishing will avoid the issue described above, I'm looking forward to try it.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    The high gloss finish is an automated finish. The new Premium silver is hand polished. So you should get a good full polish.
  3. DarioScapittaDesign
    DarioScapittaDesign New Member
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply!
    This is nice to know and it is a big improvement.