Shapeways and WooCommerce

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by 804559_deleted, May 1, 2015.

1. Hi,

I am creating a WooCommerce driven shop on the Wordpress platform. I intend to sell 3D models among other things, and Shapeways seem like the way to go for this.

But is it possible to use the Shapeways API for WooCommerce? Or are there any widgets or plugins that allow this?

It should be said, that moving the shop to Shapeways is not an option.

Thanks for answering,

Best
    Emil

2. Following this thread as I too am intending to use WooCommerce and would like to know the best way to go. I am not a developer and not sure how to have an API app on my site.

Cheers!
    Miriam

3. leessmith
    leessmith Well-Known Member
    Seems like this could be something SW knock up a little tutorial about. I am also looking at a woocommerce template and then draw a blank page on how to even start looking at the API stuff to pull products down and the like.

Hopefully this gains some momentum.

S.

4. BCDesign
    BCDesign Member
    I think this would be a great solution. A tutorial could be awesome.
    Hoping to see more on this topic!

5. Dream3d
    Dream3d Member
    The time is now! :) 2017 promised to be year of platform integrations

6. imdaveho
    imdaveho Shapeways Employee Product Team
  7. fb58a48
    fb58a48 Member
    Lol 2017;
    Shopify is for the technically inept. Like some of my clients. All of the clothing manufacturers, dropshippers I use offer woocommerce. Just saying.

8. ldtteam
    ldtteam Member
    Hello, good day,

I was wondering the same.
    We are setting up a new store based on the WooCommerce platform.
    And an integration like this, which pulls products regularly from the Shapeways platform and displays them as products in the store would be amazing. As it looks right now this seems to be possible. Simply upload the Models as products in the store and process their purchases as orders. That said it seems rather difficult to set up since there is no real way to get any pricing sample split from the taxes and postal service costs, which makes creating products harder.

Is there still progress being made on this API, since it seems extremely minimal compared to even other vendors.
    Greets,

Marc
    LDTTeam Merchandise store Manager.

9. Perisc0
    Perisc0 Member
    Why there isn't any woocommerce plugin for shapeways? I'm planning on launching a jewelry store using shapeways print service but it seems impossible. I don't know anything about API integration.
    The team could make it easier for designers to sell on their platform.
    Any plan of releasing it?

thomasrgriffith likes this.
  10. horstenj
    horstenj Member
    I'm repeating the same request. Please launch a Shapeway-Woocommerce plugin. We already have a Woocommerce shop on our wordpress website and would love to add Shapeway-produced jewelry to it. Nice there is an API, but that's too complex for me. Perhaps a detailed tutorial could work as well.

Perisc0 likes this.
  11. Perisc0
    Perisc0 Member
    Imagine the amount of cash Shapeways is leaving on the table for not making a plugin to make us sell with them.

12. admin30
    admin30 Member
    Very important and necessary. We can not migrate from Wordpress to Shopify and thus the plugin is very important for us to do business with Shapeways.