Sculptris question, size of my 3D print

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 253427_deleted, Nov 25, 2012.

1. I sculpted in Sculptris. Then I output to a OBJ file. When I uploaded to Shapeways, the size was 0 and the volume was 0.
    How do I control the size (scale) of the output file? There don't seem to be any controls for looking at the dimensions.
    There is a scale button in the program, but it doesn't seem to have associated dimensions.
    Thanks for any help.
    Alan

2. You can try opening it in Meshlab.. Import the .obj, click Show Layer Dialogue(Looks like a sheaf of papers) on the top menu bar. Then click Filters/Quality Measures and computations/Compute Geometric measurements. Values will show up at bottom of Layer Dialogue box

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Sculptris doesn't do any sort of scale. You can do as Fredd suggests. I usually import my item into Blender to scale and hollow.

4. I agree with Michael about Blender. It has some good import/export options, along wtih some nice tools for 3D printing purposes. It is a big learning curve if you want to get really good at it, but for just the basics its easy. Besides there is good advice at #Blender on the irc channel Freenode.

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member