Scottish, Irish and British Shapies

Discussion in 'Shapeways Members In Your Area' started by SavIsSavvy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy New Member
    Big thanks to everyone who came out in Galway, London & Edinburgh to meet with me on the UK & Ireland Roadshow! It was an incredible series of events and I look forward to watching you all continue the conversation here :)
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mingles
    mingles New Member
    Fantastic article Savannah! Thanks for coming up, I had a really brilliant time! Hope yourself and Stephen got back to the US safe! Will be in touch in the next couple of months as regards to your opinion on how I plan to redo my shop photos...
  3. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy New Member
    So great to meet you all as well! Such a fun meetup. Glad you enjoyed the blog :). Stephen and I got home safe, but miss you all already!

Looking forward to seeing how your shop evolves, I'm always here to help! Be sure and get together with other 3D Modelers there in Edinburgh, maybe even at your school?

4. PaulDunne
    PaulDunne New Member
    Hi Savannah,

Thanks for the meetup, it was great fun and thanks for making me education and crew ambassador for Dublin! :) I've been teaching classmates some 3d Printing skills and tips. My project collaborating with the visually impaired is going nicely, I'll be ordering some prototype prints soon for it soon. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

5. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Hi all British Shapies, I was sorry to miss the meet up in Edinburgh, totally exhausted after meeting with Savannah earlier :). I'm in Glasgow, please feel free to message me for what ever 3D printing reason, I'm happy to meetup to show prints and share modelling processes
    Look forward to hearing from you.

<a href="" target="_blank"></a>
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  6. RudyLime
    RudyLime Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Hi UK Shapies,

This weekend we're heading to Newcastle for the Newcastle Maker Faire. Of course we want to grab a few pints with you, so we scheduled a Meetup on Friday evening as pre-event of the Maker Faire.

RSVP here and join us at the beautiful Revolution bar. Let us know if you're attending the Newcastle Maker Faire as well!

Cheers, Ruud
  7. natalia
    natalia New Member

We still have space if you'd like to join our booth in Newcastle - come and show off your designs or just hang out with the Shapeways team!

Hope to see you there :)
  8. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Hi Natalia,

I'd like to thank again Ruud, Ralph, Alan and Ryan for being so welcoming and making my contribution to the Shapeways booth at Newcastle on Saturday look so amazing! The star of my table was Minecraft Steve, even though he's not (IMHO) that great a model! (my colouring is a bit off lol!)

9. RudyLime
    RudyLime Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Thank you Steven for joining us! Really happy you were able to join our booth :)

Cheers, Ruud
  10. forwardmodels
    forwardmodels New Member
    Hello British Shapies! I am looking for some help to produce a short run of scale model buses. I would love to develop my own skills and equipment but I have a business to run!
    I make diecast models but I have to do large runs which I have to sell in large quantities. But, there are some models I want to make but I know i will only sell a few. I need a CAD expert and 3D printer to help me produce short runs of 50 models of a single decker bus (for starters). Just one would do for a start!
    I attach a photo of the full size model. I would like one at 1:76 scale which makes it about 10cm long. It does not have to be one-piece. A separate chassis and body with additional small components like a radiator, wheels etc might be preferable.
    I don't mind where you are but I am based in London...
    I am Perek Perry of

Attached Files:

11. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member

you might get a better response if you post this in the 'Modellers Needed' section of the Forums .... good luck.
  12. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
  13. mygadgetlife
    Morning all,

I'd be happy to organise an informal Shapeways meetup in Glasgow at some time during October.

For a location, I think the Doocot café/bar at The Lighthouse would be perfect; I'm thinking 12pm on a Saturday - the café closes at 4.30pm so plenty of time for a chat over drinks.

If there is any interest, or anyone has any comments, please post here or PM me.

14. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy New Member
    Ooh yes! That would be great Steven. @Dotsan should join you, as I'm working on the video we shot in Scotland (finally) now! It could be the Scottish world premiere!

So wish I could be there...
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  15. EleanorW
    EleanorW New Member
    Hi, Everyone!

If there are any designers in the London area who are interested in potentially showing off their home/decor products at the Maker Carousel at the 100% Design event in London September 17 to 20, please let me know and I will connect you to the organizer. It would be a wall showcasing 3D printed pieces - they are interested in showing off the 3D printed possibilities offered by Shapeways.
  16. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Hi Steven, I missed the Edinburgh meetup, I'm up for a Glasgow meet one
  17. danielmcinally
    danielmcinally New Member
    Hi Steven and Vijay,

I have just come across this thread. I am also based in Glasgow and would love to meet like minded locals to bounce ideas off. As there is still a bit of October left, would you still be keen on meeting up this month? Last Saturday of the month, the 25th would work for me, or alternatively any evening after 6.

18. mygadgetlife
    Hi Danny, Vijay,

Apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner, some things just get in the way sometimes!

But the 25th is good for me. I proposed the Lighthouse, so I'll stick with that; the Doocot cafe from around 12pm for the meet plus a light lunch etc.

Let me know if you can make it.

19. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Great, see you at the Lighthouse on the 25th.
  20. danielmcinally
    danielmcinally New Member
    Sounds good!

Look forward to meeting you.