Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by tempusr150855_4fbbf2d78e, Apr 8, 2012.

  1. Hi! I'm involved in a program called F1 in Schools and as part of it I have to write a 20-page design portfolio. We got the wheels for our model car here on Shapeways in Frosted detail, and our axles in Frosted Ultra Detail. I would like to feature the real names for these materials in our portfolio. Are they both the same material with FUD just having the machine set to a higher detail or what?
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  3. Thanks very much, that's a great help! While I'm at it I might plug my team's Facebook page here. We have a cool competition where if you like our page and share our cover photo you can win 2 tickets to Bavaria City Racing Dublin in June :D