Scale Percentage As A Variant

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by joie, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. joie
    joie Well-Known Member
    Hi there people;
    Is there a way to customize a variant?.
    I have a client that uses the printed piece in order to cast it, and when casted, the piece srhrinkage a percentage of the original, so I have to scale up the piece prior to printing.
    But what I want is to have the original piece available too in the shop.
    So what I need is to have the piece AND put a variant that is like "+10%" or "+20%" in scale.
    As far as I know, variants are fixed names and cannot be changed. I can choose a size variant but I can't rename the names of each variant, which is of any help here.
    Any advises?.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Texelion
    Texelion Active Member
    You can always re-uplaod the model with a new name ( like add 10%, 20% etc. to the end ) and change the scale ( or re-export the model model already scaled up ), and then add them as variants to the original product.

I did it with a miniature, the base model was 40mm and I re-uploaded it 3 times then scaled it up to 50, 60 and 70mm.

HOWEVER it would be really nice it the clients could customize the scale themselves before ordering, so you only have to upload it once and then if they want it bigger or smaller they can re-scale it to their liking ( in the limits of the printer and printability checks of course. )

3. joie
    joie Well-Known Member
    To have to reupload the same file many times is not a solution in any way..., it is just a workaround for an interface severe limitation.
    Anyway..., I don't understand how to add an item as variant of another?:
    upload_2018-11-5_8-51-0.png