ring to bracelet help

Discussion in 'Other Interest Groups' started by ROOKA, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ROOKA
    ROOKA Active Member
    Hi ,
    I am quite new to jewelry design but I have created a few rings and pendants and I would like to turn one my rings into a bracelet and I would appreciate any heads up for mistakes I might making when converting the ring into a bracelet .
    this is the ring and you may check out its 360 preview here 1.jpg
    the ring is hollowed out but of course the thickness is appropriate for a small print as in the case of rings, I do think that I may have to remake the hollowing of this piece in order to have a cheaper print and reduce weight, but i would like to ask some more experienced artisans if there are any other things I have to take care when stating this project in order to have a good quality product,
    Thanks
    Andrei
    PS also any critique/idea is welcomed

2. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    hey there! are you editing a 3D model file, or an STL file? I always recommend doing such big changes from scratch, but if you're set on converting ring -> bracelet, I would consider doing a cage edit and enhancing the size significantly. I would also squash it a bit - unless you are going for a bangle bracelet (entirely circular), which need to be quite large to fit your hand through.

Instead, I would model it to an oval shape, with an opening at the bottom so you can slip your wrist through. There are a number of sizes, you can do a quick google search to get the average bracelet size.

Let me know how it turns out and how you end up doing it! hope this helps.

3. ROOKA
    ROOKA Active Member
    hi katkinkead and thank you for you hep , I can edit it from the get go but i would prefer to use the model I have already done scaling it is quite easy maybe the squashing part would be a little bit tricky but it might work , I appreciate the idea of splinting the lower end but it cut too deep in my concept so I must find a way around it , I hope to have it ready as soon as possible maybe with a little luck have it printed with the batch i have prepared already....