reply to newsletter <> bounce

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by stop4stuff, Oct 24, 2013.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Gosh, I think I done it again.
    I replied to the 'steel' newsletter earlier, notifications have stopped coming through again (apart from sold).

Please can the from/reply to addresss be changed from the bounce?
    And can someone please take stop4stuff.com email addresses off the bounce list.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. bartv
    bartv New Member
    Hey Paul,

we had a bug last week that caused the reply notifications from being sent, but I don't think these are connected to you replying to the Shapeways maillist. I'll ask our email expert, to chime in here. Maybe he has some insights.

Bart

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. stop4stuff
    Hi Bart,

I got the notification for your reply and for a reply in another topic - perhaps it was just a glitch.

Cheers,
    Paul

4. bartv
    bartv New Member
    Glad to hear they've fixed it!

5. stop4stuff
    The issue is not entirely fixed - I am subscribed to the 'modeller needed' forum, however email notifications do not come through.
    I have asked Kate about this twice now (the last time being earlier today) but, as yet, no response.

Paul
    [hr][hr]

6. bartv
    bartv New Member
    I'll ping her :-/

I have to say, I seem to be receiving the new reply notifications just fine here. I'm curious what's going on..

7. stop4stuff
    Hi Bart,

It is not the 'a reply to notification thread' but the notification of a new post in a forum, in my case, the modeller needed forum.

Now, that issues that Kate describes, users seemingly being spammed with notifications is not something I've experienced - it may be that users have hit the subcribe to forum button instead of the subscribe to thread.

Cheers,
    Paul

[hr][hr]