Race Brake Tie Bar: Multi Part Jewelry With Movable Disk And Caliper

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Leander, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Leander
    Leander Member
    Dear friends,

I am excited to finally present a product that has been developed for a long time: A race brake comprising of multiple parts.
    [​IMG]
    The shown example presents the actual piece mounted to a tie bar. However the model can also be made as cufflinks or even lapel pin by adding necessary components.

The specialty:
    1) It is assembled by using industrial hex key bolts and nuts! By using these means in combination with precious jewelry parts I found a very unorthodox but authentic method to complete the technical engineering theme.

2) It moves! The disk of the brake can spin freely, without ever grinding against any other precious or other metal part. I use special parts for bearings and force transmission of the bolt. These special elastic parts are also from Shapeways. They ensure a tight fit without blocking the movement.

There is more detailed info in the products description here on Shapeways and also on my website.

Kind regards to everybody,

Leander

NoahLI likes this.
  2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Nice job! I've always wanted to try doing multiple parts like that!

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    This needs a gif or a video!

4. Leander
    Leander Member
    Thank you for this input. I have been planning a demonstration of this to be uploaded on youtube.
    I am trying to get good filming and lighting into the video. I am not all experienced but a video will come.