Question for ZBrush users

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by Youknowwho4eva, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    I'm wondering about this ZBrush. I see that it makes amazing figures. But what about mechanical models? How is the learning curve on it for those that started with a mechanical modeling program? I have used AutoCAD and KeyCreator. To make a person like model in these would be exhausting. But to make mechanically precise models is not a problem.

2. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I use zBrush but I would not use it for mechanical modelling. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it simply is not designed for that purpose. As an organic modeller it is fantastic, though! What I do like doing is modelling the basic shape in a mechanical modelling programme and then importing an .obj file into zBrush for shaping and detailing...

Hope that helps.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Yes, Thank you. I was considering it because I don't have something to use at home at all, and the software I use isn't very good at the organic stuff. But I prefer to do mostly mechanical drawings. Maybe a combo in both fashions (export mechanical to zbrush, and organic to mechanical) would work well.