Professional Freelance Product Design Engineer and 3D modeller.

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Donno, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Donno
    Donno Member
    I am working through December... please send your requirements for quotation..

Compliments of the season and happy holidays to those going on leave..
    Don

2. I highly recommend Donovan. He is a true professional. He has worked on three projects for me. I am always so impressed with his skill, professionalism, and fast turnaround time. He is worth every penny.

3. suffecool
    suffecool Member
    I commissioned Donovan to model my first Shapeways piece, and he was very fast with delivery of the first draft, and even faster with his modifications based on my change request. I had him model Willy Wonka's cane handle from the 1971 film, and it turned out great.

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

4. I'm trying to reproduce this key design, is it possible?

Attached Files:

5. I had Don do some 3D drawings of a dome i a designing. He did exceptional. Great communication, very reasonable pricing.
    I highly recommend using Don if you need drawings made up.

Thank you Don

6. Donovan is a true professional! He has to be one of the best Engineers on Shapeways. There should be no question about whether to hire him, because he will certainly exceed your expectations as he has exceeded mine every step of my project.

7. Donno
    Donno Member
    Thanks for all the great testimonials guys..
    Please keep sending those requests for quotes.. ;-)

Don

8. chuck2518976
    chuck2518976 Member
    Hello. I was interested in having an N scale (1/160 scale) shell of a model train commuter car made on Shapeways. I was wondering if you could make a 3D drawing of it that I could load onto Shapeways. If you're interested please get back to me. Thanks.

9. Donno
    Donno Member
    I have some spare capacity at the moment...
    Please send your requests for quotation to: don@diyden.net

Thanks

10. I just want to say that Donovan is the BEST at this. I have used his services twice, 2 years apart. For my current project, I knew exactly who to contact. He delivers. It's really amazing to see his 3D renderings of the stuff that I draw (actually scribble) on paper. He works quickly, has great communication regarding what you need.

This type of job really requires that a person have a really good eye for the tiniest detail, plus good interpretation skills -- because I have no clue about how 3D designing works and I don't know the terminology or anything. But somehow with his amazing gift, he just gets it.

I appreciate all the work he has done for me! You should hire Don with no hesitation. Seriously.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  11. My name is Gary Schaeffer. I Co-Own the line of toys known as "The Outer Space Men". You can see the almost 50 year history of the toy at www.theouterspacemen.com or www.melbirnkrant.com. I do not have the technology nor the expertise to scan one of my action figures. I am interested in 3D printing him into a large format jointed movable action figure. I need help and or guidance. Please let me know if you can help. I have attached some images of the toy so that you can see him should you not be aware of him to begin with. Thanks very much, Gary.

Attached Files:

12. Highly recommended! Fast and efficient service. Makes very good recommendations to designs based on his years of experience.

13. Can you contact me at my Outer Space Men Website please. I need this scanning job done as soon as possible. Thanks so much, Gary.........You can write to me at; info@theouterspacemen.com

14. I highly recommend using Donovan Penaluna for your design needs. I provided him with some photos, simple drawings, and specs. The communication was seamless, and the fees were reasonable. Donavan's experience with injection molding allowed him to easily understand my needs. I was quickly provided with preliminary renderings, and the final product was available a short time later. I plan on having Donovan design some more items in the near future.

JB

Attached Files:

15. TruRacr314x
    TruRacr314x Member
    Just wanted to drop a testimonial for Don...

I had a couple rough experiences with designers that I picked up from here. It almost drove me to the point I didn't want to mess with 3D printing at all. I had a project that kept pushing me to try it...and I came across Don. He was awesome to work with and very timely. He makes sure you are satisfied and that the job is 100%. I have completed 3-4 projects now with him and will use him again for my next one!

Thanks for the hard work and great service...

16. I would highly recommend using Don for your custom design work needs. The models (and later the printed products) came out exactly how I expected them to. I have used Don's services a few times now, and I see no need to go elsewhere. His rates are very reasonable, turn around time is quick, and he always available for questions and comments. Not having the means or the know how to upload my models to Shapeways, Don helped with this as well.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

This type of door involves multiple moving parts. Don was able to re create the watertight door complete with independent movable latches and hinges. This 3D printed 1/18 scale model functions just like the real thing. The parts fit together with such precision, that I wouldn't be surprised if the model door is actually water tight.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

17. Hi Don,

thank you for your perfect work and your patience because we had many changes and Edits for you! We want highly recommend your work because you know your business! Our model was very complex and we needed an experienced engineer for our special product. Thank you, we will get back to you with more work :)!

18. thank you for your perfect work and your patience because we had many changes and Edits for you! We want highly recommend your work because you know your business! Our model was very complex and we needed an experienced engineer for our special product. Thank you, we will get back to you with more work :)!

19. Donovan is excellent to work with in design and finished product. Very knowledgeable from an engineering aspect. I am in Sales and needed some advice and direction and Donovan supplied that AND my 3d files in a timely fashion. I would recommend him to ANYONE for any project!!

FIVE STARS!!

Brian
    United States

20. Donno
    Donno Member
    Last edited: May 6, 2016