Professional Freelance Product Design Engineer and 3D modeller.

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Donno, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Donovan,

I am looking form some one who has experience developing consumer products like a kitchen utensil. Currently I am in need for someone to take my concept and develop into a prototype (plastic) need CAD specs if possible.

Let me know if your interested.

JIm

email : jimmiemonk2001@yahoo.com

2. johnot
    johnot Well-Known Member
    Hi there. The model is coming along well. Here are snapshots of the progress. This will help you see how the model is being made.
    I will keep you up to speed as I near completion.

Best,

John

Attached Files:

3. Donno
    Donno Member
  4. At the risk of now having to share Don's creative and technical talents with others who may wish to want to hire him now, I must come clean and say that he is hands down one of the most talented and efficient modelers I have everworked with. I worked at Warner Bros, Disney, Digital Domain for some 10 years on several movies, and Don's modeling skills and professionalism are up there with the best. Beyond his ability to build complex structures quickly, he is an honest person who insists that clients don't pay him for every little small tweak. I am proud to call him my friend and I hope he realizes that his low cost feeds are helping tens if not hundreds of artists, tinkerers, and entrepreneurs create.

-Babak F.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. HazelwoodModels
    HazelwoodModels Well-Known Member
    +

I have no reservations in recommending Donovan: a customer's comments say it all:-

"When the models first arrived I primed them with U-Pol #8 Acid etch primer. This showed the finish quality of
    the model. Totally outstanding. The detail is stunning: better than most brass or white metal kits. Only the top
    notch brass kits with lost wax castings could surpass this model." - Member, Scalefour Society.

EM -2.jpg

GWR Pollen C (EM) in Shapeways Frosted Ultra Detail.
    +

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  6. I have 6 .max files which I would like to get made from ceramics, at just under the maximum size that will fit in their prescribed bouding box 340x240x170mm AND x+y+z<=400mm.

An example of the file is attached

Could you give an idea of cost to get the models ready for printing?

Cheers
    Sam

Attached Files:

7. Donovan,

Per your email we are looking for a 2D/3D drawing on the scoop we are looking to make. This is a base drawing I did. The scoop will have a hinged plastic lid with a interior ride to close securely. The handle is hollow so that powers (protein/baby formula) can be poured in to a standard water bottle. the end of the handle will need a lip to securely fit on the top of a water bottle to prevent spills.

Let me know what questions you have so that we can have you design a sleek design thats functional. Once you know the time let us know the cost to develop out and terms.

BEst,

Jim

Attached Files:

8. Phxman
    Phxman Member
    A slope on the base, or a funnel effect into the handle would appear to be a good idea.
    In 3d the volume of the scoop can calculated for it to be retained.

9. Donno
    Donno Member
    Hi Jim

PM sent

Regards
    Don

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  10. We will send 50% today. It will come from jim_monk@transgility.com

What is the time line on a project like this? What other info do you need from us?

11. Hello,

I am interested in recreating the Unica Key from the film "Notorious" directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Attached is a photo.

Please let know if you are interested in this project.

Regards,
    Christine

Attached Files:

12. johnot
    johnot Well-Known Member
    Hi Christine,

Yes. I am interested. Here are a few questions.

1) Would you like be to model the key based on standard key sizes?
    2) Would you like the Unica Text and Key Design to be extruded, or inlayed into the key?
    3) My rate for this project would be $100 with 50% before and after completion.OK?

Best Regards,

John O.T. 3D

13. Phxman
    Phxman Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  14. johnot
    johnot Well-Known Member
    My apologies to everyone. I mistook the message as a PM. I will refrain from posting inquiry replies. I ask you to recognize this mistake and discontinue slander.

Best,

John O.T.

15. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey johnot,

apology accepted!

@Phxman - that was a bit harsh, don't you think?

Cheers,

Bart

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  16. Phxman
    Phxman Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  17. Hi great stuff, could I get a quote for a 1/24th scale model car. I need working doors and working steering if possible? I can send images if you PM me.

Cheers

Jake

18. This guy is amazing !!! I sent him a rough drawing and in no time at all he sent me my file. It was perfect.

19. can you tell me what you would need from me to get a quote?

thanks

20. Donno
    Donno Member
    Hi Aquafit

In order to get a quote you need supply as much info as possible.

Sketches with basic dimensions are great, but the intended purpose of the part also helps me to formulate a quote, Be it for a simple 3D printed one off object, or the prototype for a mass produced consumer product.

Don