Product Flexibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiano48187, Feb 13, 2013.

1. kiano48187
    kiano48187 New Member
    I'm curious as to the flexibility of the material. I recently had a model printed and I was very pleased with it. However, for my next product design I need to be able to flex the model back and fourth a little and wanted to know how flexible is the material. Can it be made moderately strong and flexible instead of strong and flexible?

Thanks
    Claude

2. Dragoman
    Dragoman New Member
    "Strong and Flexible" is exactly what it says. It is flexible but strong. How much so will depend on how thick your item is, but even at a millimeter it is hard to break. At that thickness, it can also bend.

There have been some discussions here on how thin, various flexible items can or should be, Try searching through the forums.

Greetings
    Dragoman

3. GWMT
    GWMT New Member
    Frosted Detail is quite flexible at 0.6-0.7mm thick; it acts and feels like Tupperwear.

4. Mhagan
    Mhagan New Member
    I would advise against using FUD as anything that needs flex. It is, at its base, acrylic resin and will fracture when flexed. I did a video about how flexible WSF can be seen here I will be doing a video on hinges specifically in the not too distant future as well.