Problem Update: Dimensions, but no volume

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by senshi, Dec 10, 2010.

1. senshi
    senshi New Member
    Hey everyone,

Continuing my adventure with the not-willingly-uploadable Elf, I now have a 'successful' upload, which features the right dimensions... but no volume! -_-
    I'm stumped... Does anyone have any experience with this? I've tried inverting the normals, but no luck. =/

The model in-shop: http://www.shapeways.com/model/189202/christmas_caroler_elf. html?gid=ug19892

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

===============================
    Me again. I'd really like to have this print ordered before Dec. 12th, but I'm not sure what this upload error means. =/

EDIT: Got a different error now: "Error while unifying: 17". I've tried recalculating the normals as well as inverting them, but neither worked. The only part I managed to get uploaded properly was the base of the figure.

I can wait for the automatic repair service, but I'm afraid it'll be too late then. Can anyone please help me? I'll attach the .zip in good faith that no-one will steal it, yada-yada, etc. ;)

Model info:
    Extension - .zip (.wrl + .png)
    Scale - 0.01 (to compensate for VRML scale. First upload returned the 'too big' error)
    Modeling program - Blender 2.55
    Exported to VRML97 (wrl) in blender 2.49

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. Datto
    Datto New Member
    I'm having similar problems. Tried to upload a model and got the 'error while unifying 17" Not sure what it's unifying, it's one mesh.

I decided to try uploading the simpler base mesh and got the 'empty output error.

The base mesh was a lathed object that I made sure was manifold. I was taken into ZBrush for subdivision and detailing. I the lated object the problem? I've never gotten these errors before.