"private Pending Review" Loop

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by reducedAircraftFactory, Aug 12, 2019.

1. reducedAircraftFactory
    reducedAircraftFactory Well-Known Member
    I added a picture to a product and got the infamous "Your model is currently set to private pending review by the Shapeways team" message. No big deal, I understand why that happens.

Then this morning I got the email stating, "Our team has completed its review of your model xxxx. It is now available in your Shapeways shop and ready for sale." Cool.

But when I did a general search for the product, it wasn't found. So I went to my products and found it there and it was still in "Not for Sale" mode. I opened up edit and clicked the "Offer for sale" and "Display to the public" checkboxes and saved, and (as you might be anticipating by now), I got the "Your model is currently set to private pending review" message.

The product in question is https://www.shapeways.com/product/2JU7E5ZQF.

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    This should have been fixed now, I can see the product!
    Sorry for the inconvenience, not sure what caused it to set it back to not for sale :(

3. reducedAircraftFactory
    Thanks Mitchell. I don't suppose it would be possible to change your review process from "assume it's bad (so make it unavailable) and review it" to "assume it's good (and leave it for sale) and review it"? I'm getting skittish about making any changes -- even pricing adjustments -- knowing it may result in the product disappearing from public view for 1-3 days (on weekends especially).

4. reducedAircraftFactory
    It has happened again. I added a new scale (1:200) to the Handley-Page V/1500 model (https://www.shapeways.com/product/54PFTS4JQ), and though I got a pile of messages about the models being reviewed, the product remains unavailable. Perhaps the tools have not realized that I added a 1:200 scale variant and that it needs to be reviewed also?

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I have fixed this product.
    It's now for sale and available in your shop.

I recommend to reach out to Customer Service in the future for such issues rather than checking in on the forums (since I don't check here every day)

6. reducedAircraftFactory
    Thanks! I typically do, but this seems to be a bug in the process somewhere, as this should all be happening automatically. Maybe scale variants and the review process do not mix well?