Print success rate showing for unavailable materials?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by tebee, Jul 25, 2014.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Was checking on the new print success rate for my models and noticed that on one, it had a print success rate for a material that's never been available to the public and I have not ordered myself.

So does this mean -

1: The print success rate isn't reliable.

or

2: Someone's printed off copies of my model without me knowing about it - presumably multiple times as the rate was 87.5 % which suggests 7 from 8 attempts working.

Tom

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could be either a typo during data entry at shapeways (transposed digits in a model number), or internal test prints possibly following a discussion you had with them. Probably best to contact shapeways service directly, giving the model number - they should be able to find out which order if any was behind this.

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Interesting.

Could you share the model ID?

4. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
  5. kzasada
    kzasada New Member
    Tebee: take a look at that model now. We had an issue last week where some models in black & other colors of strong & flexible polished were incorrectly inheriting the print success rate from white strong & flexible. Since they are dyed, they do not share a print success rate as it is only across models with identical production processes. I just checked the model you posted, and it only appears it was printed in white strong & flexible. If you see anything else that looks odd, please let us know!

6. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Ok it's right now - was wondering if it was something like that, but it wasn't the same as the WSF rate, though in the same ballpark.

Tom