Print Rejected - Sprue Remove Required

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freakazoitt, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:14 AM.

1. Freakazoitt
    Freakazoitt Well-Known Member
    I recieved multiple print rejections, says:

Material: black acrylic

I used same design for Frosted and Acrylic.

So, need a different design for acrylic? for example, 10 gun miniatures as a separate objects. but will it also increase the cost?

2. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    I need to have different designs for pWSF and HiDef Acrylate, which leads to an enormous handling effort.

Recently there are more rejection concerning sprues with all materials going on. I have troubles now with pWSF also.

Due to different design rules, different materials need then also different bearer structures. During the last years the rules for bearers became more and more strict. (in pWSF I have started with 0,8mm and now I'm on 2mm, with more an more rejections going on when the connection point does not have the 2mm also).

I do understand that SW needs to look on operational costs, but on the other hand designer are the ones generating orders. And using bearers is currently the only way to attract buyers to buy more of a single product.

So SW please HELP to reach a business case fitting for seller, buyers and printing provider to attract more people to order several pieces of a product.

Woody64