Price system is totally confusing me :(

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by AceD, Oct 17, 2012.

1. AceD
    AceD New Member
    Hello,

i'm totally confuse by the price system now :confused
    I ordered one of my own models on Sept. 27 for 26,14 Euro.
    If i would buy it today it would cost me 30,33 Euro now.
    That's a difference from 4,19 Euro :eek:
    I know that the conversion rate from dollar to euro is updated once a month but looking at the prices now, the rate must be almost something like 1.5 and the rate was never that high!!

A second one i noticed and don't understand is the price in edit mode from the models, it's always lower.
    In edit mode my model in Gold Plated Glossy for example costs 25.49EUR but in normal mode the price is set to 30.33EUR, and no MarkUp was added yet.

So how is all this calculated?

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    19% VAT whereever you are ? At least that is the difference between 25.49 and 30.33.
    Could the earlier 26-odd price have been in edit mode as well ? That would sort-of fit
    in with a slowly rising Euro making things cheapier "in the old world".

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    For your conversion, The Euro has been dropping compared to the dollar, I don't know the rate though.

For your price difference, are you looking at the "From:" price? This shows the price in the cheapest material available. So it would show the price of a cheaper material than gold plated. Such as when I look at your "SUPERNATURAL Dean's Amulet REPLICA" I see From: $37.97, then when I click on it, you have gold listed as the default so it appears to jump to $39.47. But when I click the material drop down I see that the $37.97 is the price for plain stainless.

4. AceD
    AceD New Member
    Oh yes, that's it. Didn't thought about the VAT thing.
    Thanks! Problem solved :)