Precise Positioning In Custom Maker?

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by tjordan_12, Sep 27, 2018.

1. tjordan_12
    tjordan_12 Member
    I have a piece with complex geometry on top and a flat, blank space on bottom. I need to set it up in Custom Maker so the bottom is flat on to the viewer so they can add their artwork to it without having to rotate anything. Is this possible? How?

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    On the product page where you set up CustomMaker you should be able to rotate the 3D preview of your model so the area you want to customize is visible to you. Then click on the apply image button and then click on the 3D preview where you want to apply the image box. After you do this a box will appear on the model where you clicked. Then you will be able to resize the box by dragging the individual sides and drag/rotate it around to where you finally want it to be located. Finally chose the engraving or embossing option and set the height/depth of the customizing. Lastly save the product page.

Once you get that done you should be able to upload images on the actual product page. The only problem is that CustomMaker once it is set up is that it hasn't worked reliably for about a year. You might need to refresh your model a bunch of times before the thing actually works as advertised on your product page.

3. tjordan_12
    tjordan_12 Member
    Thanks for the kind reply. I've done this, but the mouse drag is simply not accurate enough.

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    They never really advanced this tool in terms of user friendliness. I find the setting of the box sizes to be unfriendly. As you move one of the sides of the box you don't see the box size dimensions change so you don't know when to stop. Also you can't set numbers directly for the box size which is useful in some circumstances. People have made lots of suggestions since introduction of the tool but I don't think they added much more than a larger character set for the text input option and being able to have multiple lines of text.