Possible Dimensioning Error

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by BennyT, Mar 22, 2012.

1. BennyT
    BennyT New Member
    Hi all,

I've just uploaded and ordered (and paid for) my first product! I'm very excited about this, although I'm a bit nervous that I may have made a fatal error when uploading it.

What's causing my nerves to jingle is the price - it's really, really low. I'm using 2012 Autodesk Inventor Professional & when I calculated the volume it was 17012.841 mm^3 which suggested to my newbie mind that the cost would be around about the $24 mark prior to the handing fee being applied (I'm getting it printed in White Strong & Flexible Polished).

The price I was charged (before freight) was $1.53! Level with me guys, how big a stuff-up have I made here?

BennyT

2. pfeifferstylez
    pfeifferstylez New Member
    Mhh...

$1.53 - $1.50 (handling fee) = $0.03

( $0.03 / $1.75 ) * 1cm³ = 0,01714 cm³

Yep, seems pretty small. ^^

But as long as it is not "in production", you can contact the customer service and cancel your oder.

3. BennyT
    BennyT New Member
    Yeah, I had really hoped that it was me not reading it right, rather than me having stuffed up the upload. Thanks for the tip, the order's still in the 'Accepted' stage, so I've contacted customer service.

Hopefully they'll tell me where I went wrong so I won't do it wrong again :confused

4. BennyT
    BennyT New Member
    Just to wrap up here, I did as pfeiffer suggested and contacted cust. service.

They were very helpful - cancelled the order immediately, issued a coupon for the amount that I paid that I can use on my next order, AND provided me with a link that solved my problem.

So, thanks Mitchell, you're the best!