Pocket Animals

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by drloris, Nov 18, 2018.

1. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    I'm very happy to show off my new little set of trinkets.

set_of_four_1280.jpg

So I was wanting to make something in porcelain which wouldn't be too expensive. I figured that a fairly small, solid, flat shape would be the way to go, because of the surface-based pricing scheme.And I ended up with a 46 mm wide, 25 mm deep oblate ellipsoidal design which I was pretty happy with, and was just about to order when it was discontinued. Doh!
    Not to be discouraged, I scaled it down to 25 mm across, hollowed it out and found that it would be affordable in steel. And it was just a nice size and shape to fit in a pocket for idle moments.
    I was going to move on when my son pointed out that I seemed to have a lot of pig things in my shop. Which wasn't really the intention. So I made some other creatures to dilute the pig quotient back down to a reasonable level.

Pocket Pig
    Pocket Owl
    Pocket Frog
    Pocket Cat

I'm pretty happy with all of these - I tried to give each one the character of the animal in a simple, stylised form.

There's also a version of the owl with ear tufts, but I haven't printed it yet.
    I might make some more in the same style - I'm open to suggestions.

I managed to get these listed before the costing algorithm deadline so the pricing is grandfathered - if you like them, please buy before they go up.

2. These are adorable. Very nice style. Really making the material work, too. =)

3. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    Thank you - you're very kind.