Pilot Launch: Hooks And Backings For Earrings In Metals

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andrewsimonthomas, Dec 15, 2016.

1. lecep
    lecep Member
    Thanks Virginia! I'll give it a try.

virginia_gordon likes this.
  2. Kendal
    Kendal Active Member
    Hi! I have a question... are you ever considering clip-on or screw-on earring backings? I want to create some earrings for people who either don't have pierced ears or just want the convenience of clip/screw. Thanks!

3. virginia_gordon
    virginia_gordon Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Hey Kendal!
    Thanks for bringing up different types of hooks and backings. This is absolutely something we would look at down the line. If you have specific hooks and backs you prefer, please direct message me with links, I'd love to see them!

4. zroupi
    zroupi Member
    Hi! Do you also attach the pins to the earrings, or do you provide only the backings? Should I include the pin in my original 3D model? I am confused about the process, as I have read that some people received their earrings with pins attached. Thank you, Zoi!

5. virginia_gordon
    We do not include the post/pin in the design. The dimensions you should use for your .8mm thick post and 12 mm length.

6. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    Dear Virginia,

Just to confirm...when a customer orders earrings from my shop, do they receive the hooks with them? I have never received hooks from Shapeways with any of my earring orders, but I'm okay with that as long as the customers are receiving them.

Are the hooks attached or are they just shipped with the earrings? I realize I should have clarified all of this before now, but I'm at that critical phase pre-Christmas where it's too late for my customers to get their orders on time from my Etsy shop if I don't have a piece in stock so I'm sending them to my Shapeways shop and I need to know these little details.

Thanks for your help!

7. virginia_gordon
    Thanks for your question! This pilot program was discontinued earlier this year. Here is the forum post that announced the cancelation.

Thanks again :)

8. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    Thanks for the clarification! This particular customer decided to wait until after Christmas for delivery of the earrings from my Etsy shop, but if the situation comes up again, I can offer to send them the hooks myself.

virginia_gordon likes this.