Pictures added to items for sale in my shop never publish

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by CactusBones, Nov 12, 2012.

1. CactusBones
    CactusBones New Member
    I have between one and two pictures on a couple of my listings that I see are attached to the listing/design when I view in edit mode, but then when I update and view my item in my shop it is missing the most recently added pics.

2. CactusBones
    CactusBones New Member
    I just figured out if I select the button next to one of the images not showing up in the public view of my shop to be the featured pic for that listing then the ones that are missing in action show up. If I select a different pic to be used as the featured image, they go missing again in public view.

Perhaps there should be a preview button and then a publish button to make sure that whatever is preventing new photos from not showing up is fixed? It is sort of confusing as to whether the photo is really there after I upload it just because I see it in the list to the left or whether I am supposed to push the update button again to make it "stick" and then when I try a variety of things and my photos still don't show up....seems like the system in place maybe needs some touch up.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Thank you for your suggestions. I'm kind of confused about your missing pictures. Did you find them? It sounds like pictures go missing depending on the default picture you select?

4. CactusBones
    CactusBones New Member
    Yes certain pictures go missing depending on the default picture that I select.
    I added a new picture to one of my listings last week and it remained missing until today when I found out the secret about changing the default pic to make them all show. All show in edit mode, but not all show in public shop view depending on which is selected as default.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    That's very odd... Definitely email service about this, with any info you can give them. Product numbers, picture selection, browser and OS, all that good stuff so they can figure out where it's going haywire.