Payment Gateways Other Than Paypal

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Twopounder, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Twopounder
    Twopounder New Member
    Went to purchase some of my models, only to discover Paypal had frozen my account until I send in additional information. That's being taken care of, but a quick google search revealed that is is very common. People have had their accounts frozen over selling too much, too little, buying too much, too little, or just because of the time of day.

Having a normal payment gateway or google wallet would be nice as a backup.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Supported payment options include credit card (though handled through paypal) and direct
    (SEPA) bank transfer. All available on the normal order page.

3. Twopounder
    Twopounder New Member
    Paypal requires login to use credit cards for non-pro accounts (for some reason, shapeways is using a basic account). On login, paypal can and will prohibit any users with a flagged account.

I haven't seen an option for any other payment type.

CONFIRMED - clicking on payment goes directly to paypal without any option to change.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    There should be a small text note with a blue(?) "i" icon above the paypal options on the payment page -
    if you click there, it should tell you the BIC/IBAN codes of the shapeways bank account that you need
    together with your account and order numbers. (Or is this visible for European customers only ?)

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey all,

Unfortunately we do not offer banktransfers for US customers :(

I'm sorry.