paying in EUR with paypal

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bondp99, Dec 30, 2011.

1. bondp99
    bondp99 New Member
    I recently discovered a problem with the paying option. Some time ago there was an option to pay in Euro OR Dollar before beeing directed to the paypal page. Paying in Euro within Europe seems a bit better than paying in US Dollar.
    My question is now: Where can I change now to Euro before the paypal step? I cant find it...

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    I think by entering your billing address in your profile will fix this.

3. bondp99
    bondp99 New Member
    ???

Why should the billing address change the currency?

4. bartv
    bartv New Member
    We have removed checkout in Euros for the time being and are working on a better/less confusing implementation.

Bart

5. bondp99
    bondp99 New Member
    Thanks for your reply but I found the solution with the two simple buttons Paypal EURO and Paypal Dollar really simple...
    Now I have to pay in Dollar with the exchange rate from Paypal which is always worse than the official rate. If Shapeways is a european company why have european customers to pay in Dollar? :rolleyes: ... That makes no sense to me.
    Hopefully you change that issue soon!

6. Kaetemi
    Kaetemi New Member
    Yeah, having to go trough the PayPal conversion rate makes it quite a bit more expensive, and less attractive...
    For now, I'll just buy myself gift cards using bank transfer, and use those when I need something fast instead of PayPal then. ;)

7. bartv
    bartv New Member
    I agree guys, I'll nudge our team some more.

Bart

8. bartv
    bartv New Member
  9. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member
    Hi Team,

as you may have noticed: for European customers the option to pay in Paypal with Euros has returned!

10. bondp99
    bondp99 New Member
    Thank you!