other pay methods?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Jettuh, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Hi shapeways,

is there any chance in the future, that we can pay with other methods instead of paypal?

i got a lot of people that want to buy my "spoorobjecten" packages but don't have paypall, and aren't going to make an account over there cause they don't think it's really save!

i would love to see IDEAL in the future, i don't know if there are other countries that use it (or just in the Netherlands?) but a lot of dutch people who aren't having paypal (and not want to create an account) could pay another way!

hope you understand what i try to explain (would be easier to explain in dutch:p)

2. 7980_deleted
    7980_deleted Member
    I agree that a payment method other than paypal would be nice, but I'm not sure why anyone would think paypal isn't safe. I think being able to use a credit card would be useful to a lot of people, though I'm not sure how things work paying from country to country through bank cards and things. And I can't imagine the credit card fees would be any worse than the paypal fees.
    As far as paypal goes though, it IS really useful. Its easy to make an account and paying with it is remarkably easy and quick. Getting money into the account has a bit of a delay, but that's not a big issue. And you shouldn't be worried about security as its just as secure if not more than a credit card. I've had problems with orders over ebay before and paypal credited me the money no questions asked and then handled everything from there. I've never had any complaints at all with paypal, and I can't say that for any other payment method I've seen around.

3. 17207_deleted
    17207_deleted Member
    hi Mitchell,

I hear your question. Paying with Paypal doesn't mean you need an account. You can also pay by credit card directly without an account.

As Paypal is specialized in online payments, your and your spoorobjecten friends' credit card details are safe.

In the future we will add other payments methods.

I know Ideal; it is only known in the Netherlands. And Shapeways' community is global. But you never know when we might it add it.....

Kindly,
    Marleen

4. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Well............The Netherlands is a big country,, so a lot of people will use IDeal :laughing:
    hehe just kiddin

I've sended you an email Marleen!

Your absolutely right Marleen about the credit card, but then again, a lot of people are scared to death for using a credit card on the internet.
    Till there come a diffrent paying method, those people have to live with it :) till then, they miss a lot of great models made by this community! :D

Mitchell

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You could always have them pay you direct and order it for them.