Not So R/c

Discussion in 'Interest Groups' started by desdichato, Oct 9, 2017.

1. desdichato
    desdichato New Member
    Guys,

An observation: I go through the shapeways site at least every couple of months particularly the military 1/16th scale stuff and much seems to be about updating/modding/replacing aspects of the radio control series of vehicles of several manufacturers.

As a keen 1/16th modeler I am somewhat disappointed that there is very little out there suit the 1/16th static modeler, and before anyone says it, yes, there are not a lot of 1/16th static models around at least compared to the R/C versions and the differences in sizes – A Tamiya Panzer 4 J upper hull is about a mm shorter and about 5mm wider than the Trumpeter lower hull (having both I have checked it out) – Trumpeter do a 16th Panzer 4 H & a late J but neither are compatible to make an early J owing to difference in the lower hull ++ and getting parts from Trumpeter is to say the least a hit and miss affair – of course there is always bigger conversions that would suit the lower hull (Stug 4, Jagdpanzer 4 Panzer 4 L/70 (A) spring to mind).

It's the same with the figures there a lot of fine figures out there but there is no real alternatives for different weaponry, the Mg 42, a couple of rifles, mp40 schmisser and a Pzb antitank rifle, there are some dated Verlinden resin stuff available but it lacks a lot of the finesse I've seen from the stuff on the shapeways site and a total lack of anything with more hitting power (Panzerfaust, panzerknacker (German bazooka) or even the luftfaust/fliegerfaust (late war 9 barreled shoulder fired AA weapon)) as well as other hand held weaponry, helmets (with detailed interior) and grenades.

I realise that the items made are probably an extension of your R/C hobby and there is probably little interest in static models but I thought I would put it out there and step down from my soapbox, so keep up the good work.

Thanks

Phil

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Have you ever tried making the stuff you want? It's actually pretty easy once you know how to use a 3D modeling package. A good one to start with, that is free, and can be learned very rapidly is DesignSpark Mechanical, which is the free version of the high-end CAD software called SpaceClaim.

If you want to try it and have any questions about how to make whatever you want to make let me know.

3. Anyuta3D
    Anyuta3D Well-Known Member
    Dear Phil / desdichato,

Obviously, you did not searched correct way to find what you are looking for. I guess that when you "...go through the shapeways site every couple of months..." is not the best to find exactly what you are looking for. Anyway, when you'll be interested to have an advice by professionals about a wide variety of military related static scale models under many scales / sizes (and your favorite 1/16 scale too), feel free to check our Anyuta 3D catalog and to contact with us.

Regards,
    Anyuta 3D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]