No texture coordinates in .wrl with from meshlab.

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by emilkarlsson, Jan 17, 2013.

1. emilkarlsson
    emilkarlsson New Member
    Hello, i have problems with my texture coordinates when im export .wrl form meshlab. It looks perfect in meshlab but when i uppload it to shapeways it looks like the texture gets planar projected on to the surface.

My workflow.
    I use maya to export an .obj.
    I open the .obj in meshlab and everything looks fine. The textures is linked and the UV's are the same.
    I export it as .wrl with "color" and "TextCoord". (The .wrl links to the right texture when i open it with a text edit and it also contains "coordIndex" which i assume is the uv placement).
    When i upload it to shapeways the texture is all wonky. It looks like it is just projected on from an axis.

I have tried so many thing but i do not know what i am doing wrong.
    Am i missing something?

/Emil

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. Fredd
    Fredd New Member
    Just select the tex coordinate option. Wrl's are weird, seems to me they will only transfer one of these, vert paint, material diffuse color or a uv texture info. I guess with you also selecting color is causing the odd projection of the texture on your model. Of course a boolean union will mess up a uv map, as Paul stated.Ruins the UV coordinate values.

Keith