New 3D sketching software, critiques and testers welcomed!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Gravitysketch, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Gravitysketch
    Gravitysketch Member
    Hi everyone,

What do you guys think of sketching for 3D creation?

I?m Pierre, cofounder of Gravity Sketch, a London startup where we develop a new 3D creation tool based on a sketch input.

Our first beta is an easy iPad app for 3d printing enthusiasts. You can sketch your 3D model and 3D print it with Shapeways at the push of a button.

Our goal is to help people get access to 3d printing with a simple tool, but also let you explore your own hand sketched style in 3D. We want to involve the Shapeways community in the development of this new tool, hence this thread.
    ipad-gravity-sketch-view.gif ipad-gravitysketch-revolve.gif

Here is a link to a video of what the app looks like for now.
    https://youtu.be/p9b3w3qF5lo

And a few models our community has created:
    http://bit.ly/1KMSkW0

What do you think? Could this be useful for the styling? speed? for early stage of creation? creation on the go?

If you're interested to give it a try, just click here and and we'll email you a link to the app (through Testflight, not on the AppStore yet).
    And if you have 3 min to answer the 5 questions in the link, that would help us a lot! (not required to get the app!)

Cheers, Pierre

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Thanks for sharing Pierre, this is really cool.

We've been playing with it in the office and will answer some of your questions soon :)

3. Hi, I uploaded some models from Gravity Sketch to Shapeways yesterday no probs, but today I keep getting a message bar 'oops no internet connection' though that isn't a connection issue at my end. Any ideas where the problem might be and how to resolve? I really want to test out a new porcelain design today

1956918_deleted likes this.
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I'd try contacting Gravity Sketch, as it sounds like an issue on their end.