Need Searchable Tags

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Mingli_Chang, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Mingli_Chang
    Mingli_Chang New Member
    I was looking for a gift for a really nerdy friend of mine and another friend suggested I check Shapeways for some crafted dice. I found some here but I wanted to see what else there is.

It would be nice to turn each tag on a product page into an autosearch link. The best example would be the way Flickr makes every keyword searchable.

____
    EDIT
    ------

I now see that tags are searchable if I'm on the gallery search page but I want to be able to click on a tag when I'm looking at a product because I may find a search term that I didn't think about. Yes I can type the tag into the search bar above but it's inefficient compared to the search options offered on other sites.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    I totally agree. Having clickable tags would be a huge enhancement for searching models.
    With the results of the search for one tag, we could also have a tag cloud showing the most popular associated tags for this particular tag.

3. TerraCotta
    TerraCotta New Member
    Add my vote for both clickable tags and tag clouds--both would improve model browsing immensely!

Jeff

4. horst
    horst New Member
    We implemented clickable tags on product detail pages a few weeks back and they are working quite nicely.

Tag clouds are also a cool idea that I will mull over. Thanks for the suggestions!