N64/nintendo Shell Replacement

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 917733_deleted, Oct 12, 2016.

Would you create your own funtastic color?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What the hell does Funtastic mean

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I'm looking for a 3d design n64 console shell replacement taking the original hardware and putting it into a new form factor that accommodates the retro hdmi mod, and region support. Ive seen this done to an snes but it was a limited release and a bit pricey.
    http://www.rosecoloredgaming.com/shop/snes-reimagined/

2. Hello Luke,

This seems like an awesome project, however I have an immediate concern since you mentioned the price of the other creation. I calculated the cost of a hollow box 3mm thick the size of the n64 as a rough estimate of how much this design will cost to print and it came out to a total of ~$110 for the plastic alone using the cheapest material available from Shapeways. That is a little pricey, especially considering that this does not include any compensation for the designer for either the print or model. If you were planning on printing this on your own or are willing to accept that price for the model then please feel free to message me and I would be happy to create this design, I just wanted to make sure you had an idea of what costs you might be expecting moving forward. Let me know either way!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Michael Cothard
    Golden Sculpting