Mystery Self Sizing Part In Fud Issue I Cant Seem To Figure Out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PopeDesign, Feb 13, 2019.

1. PopeDesign
    PopeDesign Well-Known Member
    The part attached is about 10 mm long by about 5.5 mm wide. Yet no matter how I try to upload it, I cant use "fine plastic detail" option because I get a message telling me the part is to big for the bounding box. Its not a scaling issue. I'm not getting inches mixed up with millimeters. This part was created in millimeters and uploaded in millimeters. Even when added to assemblies with other parts and uploaded, I get the same failure message. When I take this part out, the assembly has no problems with fitting in the FUD bounding box.

There are no small elements way out in space in my geometry in this part that are showing up in my CAD program (ProEgineer). Even when I import it back from the stl file or object file that was used to upload to shapeways. When I upload it to shapeways, it even says its size is x 5.56mm y 2.92mm z 9.94mm. So I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

I've had this problem before with a different part and brought it up with customer service. They checked out the file and were just as stumped as I was and had no answer to what the problem might be.

So if anyone could shed any light on this problem, it would be very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    In your original file, the arrow-shaped hook at the bottom is not connected to the main body. That turns it into a small PART, and each part must be X + Y + Z ≥ 12 mm