My account keeps getting "Disabled"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAntiYou, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou New Member
    This started two days ago. About 24 hours after I ordered one of my models.
    I'll go to log in - It tells me this user/ password is incorrect.

So I emailed Shapeways and they solved the problem very fast.
    However, it's happening again. Not even a day after fixing my account.

Weird thing is, I'm still logged into the forums and all my shop/info/models are still up.

What could be causing this?
    I've cleared my cookies and all history using CCleaner (not this time around, so I could post something in the forum). I've used a different computer on a different ISP. Still says password/username incorrect. And the changing password option shows a "Disabled User" message.

Am I the only one this happens too? Is there a permanent fix to it?
  2. Still can't loggin. I'm currently using my connect with facebook account.
    I sent a message to about 24 hours ago.

This is the third time this has happened, would this Facebook loggin option have anything to do with it? I didn't even fill out my own user name, it kept coming up with this one automatically.

I'd really like some help out with this so I can check on the status of my order.
  3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    That's odd. Now that the weekend is over, they will get you fixed up.
  4. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou New Member
    That's the third time I've heard " That's odd" or "That's weird" from the shapeways staff. I guess it's safe to assume that something like this hasn't happened before. Haha.
    My account has been enabled again. I'm going to continue to provide what information I can to help find a permanent fix to this.

Until then I'm going to use a browser that has no Facebook history saved and not log in through another computer to see if that helps.
  5. ana_xyz
    ana_xyz New Member
    Welcome! and sorry to hear you're having that problem.

Can you do me a favor and create an item for this issue in Uservoice, under the "Bugs & Problems" category, and include your browser and computer info?

This will help me keep track of the problem, and make it visible to others so we can get a heads up if others are experiencing the same thing.

6. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou New Member
    Will do!
  7. ana_xyz
    ana_xyz New Member
    Great! if you could post the link back on this thread, that'd be helpful. ;)

8. TheAntiYou
    TheAntiYou New Member