Most common ring sizes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arturdabrowski, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Hey SW community,

I'm wondering what are the most common rings sizes sold on shapeways.com?
    I haven't sold enough to notice a trend.

I'm all about custom ring sizes (through parametrics, not scaling) but I like to have products with preloaded sizes... and any other size by request. I'm finding that uploading a wide range of sizes is just way too time-consuming

A

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    I agree, it can be very time-consuming uploading a bunch of models for different ring sizes. Nice designs by the way I really like your Nº01 Rabbit Ring. I can see that one selling well.

I have found that the most common sizes are 7 to 8 in women's sizes and 9 to 11 in men's sizes.

3. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    deleted by author

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Nice work Panguver! :D

Another way you might try to sell that is to license it. This is where the licensees would pay you something like a small royalty on every piece of jewelry sold for using your software.

5. panguver
    Thank you for warm feedback. Franchise would be best way for my future business. Who are ready? :)

6. Good to know, I had the suspicion that the gap between women's sizes and men's sizes would be much wider.

Thanks for the compliment UniverseBecoming, I appreciate it

Panguver, it's really not cool to hijack this thread to advertise yourself, without offering anything to the topic.

7. panguver
    You sound parametric ring creation theme. My rings are parametric. And parametric remap tool for any rings I have also.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  8. I get it, I like your idea. But let's talk elsewhere... I just created a separate thread under interest groups where we can discuss parametrics:
    https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=118 590#msg_118590

But this topic... I'm really interested in learning from the veterans what the most common ring sizes are?

9. Hi...

I googled "what are the most common ring sizes" and found this url: http://www.bluenile.com/education/rings/find-your-ring-size at which it is stated:

"
    Women's rings typically range from size 3 to 9. The most commonly purchased women's ring sizes at Blue Nile range from size 5 to 7. Size 6 is the most popular ring size.

Men's rings typically range from size 8 to 14. The most commonly purchased men's ring sizes at Blue Nile range from size 8 to 10-½. Size 9 is the most popular ring size.
    "

Shel M
    NH, USA