Moon Replica

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Nickola, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Nickola
    Nickola Well-Known Member
    Hey

I've just today received my first Moon Replica in Full Color Sandstone. In the back end 3d viewer there was a crack in the model like this:

moon_crack.jpg
    and I discussed this "problem" with quite a lot of designers here. Finally I was very happy that the above "crack" didn't printed in the actual 3d model
    IMG_20180111_133115_p.jpg
    IMG_20180111_133125_p.jpg

IMG_20180111_133848.jpg

I'm quite happy with the result but still i will play with the colors and the textures a litlle more in next 3d prints of this replica. This came out in black-white more or less.

Besides if we exxagerate in the geometry why don't we do it with the coloring as well?

aryser likes this.
  2. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I've had prints with small gaps that were fine in sandstone, but when we had the full color plastic material the same gaps would open up. The deeper the crack the wider gap seemed to get. It's probably best to fix those gaps just to be safe in the future!

3. Frozenrain
    Frozenrain Well-Known Member
    Wow,I like this one,Good job!:)

4. Nickola
    Thank you :)

5. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    It worked! Great! :D

6. Nickola
    yea it worked! ;)

7. Nickola
    I played around with some other versions of planet earth but in all of my models for some reason it gives me the same crack! I hope that it will not be visible in the printed models as it happened with the moon.
    But why that happens and how could I fix it i wonder