Model Not Visible In Shop Anymore

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by BradleyDKCS, Jun 9, 2017.

1. BradleyDKCS
    BradleyDKCS Member
    My model does not show up in my shop since a few days. "Offer for sale to others" and "Display to the public" are active. I sold one last week and didn't change any settings.

If anyone could help or explain that would be great.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Which model?

3. BradleyDKCS
    BradleyDKCS Member
    Sanctum Sanctorum New York

4. BradleyDKCS
    BradleyDKCS Member
    here are some screenshots

Attached Files:

5. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    Anytime I have this issue it's because I forgot to check a category, but if it's not showing up in your shop at all (ie any of the pages of the default shop few, no category selected) then it's possible you accidentally deleted the 'product' fom the products page. Even though you would see the model in 'my models', it wouldn't show up in the shop. Of course, if this were the case, the 'edit model' button would change back to 'create product' on the model details page.

Other times I've had this problem, it resolves itself in a few days, as if the product is stuck in a limbo between saving and updating on the public view.

6. BradleyDKCS
    BradleyDKCS Member
    Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll wait a few days then.

Attached Files:

7. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Make sure that you have enabled at least one material choice for this model - that black eye symbol with a checkmark across (or whatever it is) in the right column of the materials table has confused several designers here, but apparently shapeways' UI programmers love it.

8. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    Ah yes, they sprung this on us with no warning. I assume it's to account for materials that encounter problems when being sent to print so they can remove them from public availability but not remove them entirely from the product options for us to have to reapply and price every time a print is failed.

It's also possible that whatever material has been selected, the model cannot be printed in it. For example, when the FUD and FXD prices dropped recently, I decided to make all of my miniature weapon designs available in the FXD since they now seemed a reasonable price for people to pay. However, some of my models were over the print bed volume limit so those materials were 'greyed out' but still in the list of materials selected and the list of mark-up options for each, even though it would not show up in the public shop or allow me to make edits to them. So double check that both a) the material is approved for the geometry of the model and b) the material isn't hidden (there is an 'eye' togglebutton that you can click to show/hide that material from public view).

9. BradleyDKCS
    BradleyDKCS Member
    Thanks guys, this was the problem!