Model History

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by thor_64, Jan 20, 2019.

1. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    That makes me quite sad. I did use that feature, too.

lensman likes this.
  2. Echoco
    Echoco Well-Known Member
    I use the feature to check model version when a customer has issues so I can tell if the issue they had was from an eariler verison and already fixed or a new one.

Also jsut because a feature diesn't get used much doesn't really justify removing it. That kind of optimisation is restrictive to users. If you're only keeping the most used features then you'll eventually restrict your user base to the largest small group.

lensman likes this.
  3. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    I used it to verify that I had uploaded the latest version from my designers. Sometimes things get confused and I end up with multiple files. It helps to know which one is the uploaded one.

What makes me sad is this is a functionality that we had and it was taken from us. It is another thing that adds more time on my end (the worst of the time eaters is waiting for the 3D tools to check the ship instead of greenlighting the materials in the ship summary). If we only uploaded a few models every month or so, that would be one thing. But when we upload about 50 a month at a minimum (this month we released 79!) three minutes per file adds up to 150 minutes -- or 2.5 hours -- that I didn't have to spend before. Added to the lower sales numbers and that affects the overall profit for our company.

lensman likes this.
  4. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi all! Thanks for your continued feedback on this. We understand how helpful this is to certain users and we always pass along this feedback to our team when making updates to the model upload page and functionality/features.