Model Descriptions No Longer Truncated

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 9694_deleted, Dec 9, 2011.

1. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share that model descriptions are no longer being shortened. I won't always create a new thread for an item that gets completed on Uservoice, but this one was such a hot topic for the team and the community, that I wanted to share.

After a lot of debate, we're no longer shortening your descriptions. However, in the coming months, we will be adding new fields to the model page, which you will be able to use to further customize layout. We hope with future changes that this will strike a happy medium between giving you freedom while also helping to present info to shoppers in a way that spurs them to action.

Thanks to everyone for making it really clear what you want, and offering the votes to back it up. I'm glad I was able to take your feedback and use it to create tangible results!

2. aegidian
    aegidian Member
    I'm aware that the rather robust criticisms I made of this design decision weren't always helpful, so I'm very grateful for the change of heart.

Thanks to everyone, but especially to those who had the very hard task of reconsidering the design they preferred, thank you for listening.