MIRROR version of my geometry !?!?!?

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by nitraMartin, Oct 26, 2011.

1. nitraMartin
    nitraMartin New Member
    I uploaded a model "Navskjerm Thickened.STL" and it survived the model check. A picture was loaded to My Models. HOWEVER the picture shows a MIRROR version of my model.

a) Is the 3D geometry now changed?...so if I order the print I will end up with a mirrored part which I can not use?

b) How can I know, before I order that the geometry I submitted actually is not changed and that I get the right part?

Curious Regards,
    nitraMartin

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    What shows up is what you get. What software are you exporting from? Check your model using netfab or meshlab, they should give you a good idea of what shapeways see's.

3. nitraMartin
    nitraMartin New Member
    Hi,

I'm using SolidWorks Professional. Never had any issues with exporting from *.sldprt to *.stl. I have naturally checked the STL by reading it back into SolidWorks and the STL is fine.

How can the picture in shapeways My Models be a mirror version?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    I'm not sure, I'll email Barry to see if he knows.

5. barrys
    barrys New Member
    Hi nitraMartin,

it looks correct to me. On the thumbnail the model is just rotated a bit. You can look at the 3D viewer to see the model more clearly.

Best,

Barry

6. nitraMartin
    nitraMartin New Member
    Hi Barry,

On my lap-top the 3D viewer does not run. Here on my iPAD amazingly it does. I can confirm 3D geometry is OK. That is enough for me. Case solved. THANKS!

Best Regards,
    Martin
    PS! It is not possible for me to make sence of the photo. I can only see it mirrored, who cares :). .?