"marked As Gift" Etsy Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nickola, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Nickola
    Nickola Well-Known Member
    I've made a sell via my Etsy Shop with the indication from the byuer "Marked as Gift". Does anyone having an Etsy Shop knows what it means?

I'm thinking that my customer just does not want to include the price on the package ie the invoice

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Yeah, that's correct. When you print out the packing slip it will not include the price. Sometimes too they add a little message that also prints out on the packing slip.

3. Nickola
    When I printed the packing slip it idid include the price but together with a gift message so i guess i'll sent only the one paper without the price. Thank you for the reply UniverseBecoming

4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Hmmm. . . I wonder why. I've printed out a lot of those gift packing slips and it only prints as one page with no price. It does allow you to print a receipt for your own records that does have the price so maybe that's what you're printing as the second sheet.

5. Nickola
    I think you are right

UniverseBecoming likes this.
  6. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    Yes, with "marked as gift" all Etsy expects from you is not not include an invoice. Sadly not every customer understands that this is what it means and some I've had expected gift wrapping!

www.fuzzbumdesigns.etsy.com

7. Nickola
    It's quite easy to make a gift wrapping anyway

8. Frozenrain
    Frozenrain Well-Known Member
    Gift wrapping:D.This is an interesting requirement.

9. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    Yes, it is quite easy, but not everyone is set up for that.
    And many people offer gift wrapping as an extra charged service rather than for free. Marking it as a gift does not charge the customer anything extra. All my pieces on come in a little jewellery gift box, and are just the right size to be sent as a large letter which keeps postage costs down (£3.25 to the USA rather than £8.50ish). Unless I wrap it in something REALLY thin like tissue paper it pushes the delivery up to small parcel. So in general I just leave it in the gift box the customer is already getting, or add a small amount of tissue paper around the box.

10. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Is this "marked as gift" anything to do with the customs declaration on items sent across national borders? If you sell something you need to declare it as merchandise so the customs folks can tax it as an import - otherwise it breaks the law in most countries...