Machine Space Visualization No Longer Allows 3d View?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DoctorOctoroc, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    So I've noticed recently that when I look at machine space in the 3d tools, I can't rotate the model to see the machine space throughout. Is this a bug on my end or are we stuck with a single angle of view for machine space visualization now? Why the change that limits the info we can gather on our own models for design purposes?

This is the single view of my model I'm stuck with. There are two bodies in this file and I can only see the one unless I upload in different orientations and view the machine space from multiple angles that way. This is pretty asinine, IMO.

sw_machineSpace.jpg

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    This has been boogered up for quite some time now. We're not even sure which materials use machine space anymore.

3. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    Perfect! Guess we'll add this to the long list of issues that will never get fixed...or made worse...

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    They need to hire this wrench guy to stay on top of things.

wrench guy cropped.gif

I noticed that thumbnail renders for removed materials (alumide, etc.) haven't been deleted from the product edit page yet. I guess it doesn't hurt anything other than requiring more server memory but it's a sloppy residual. I'd delete those things myself but sadly there's no "X" remove button next to them.

I'd also make a list of all the nits in the system but it's above my pay grade.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018