Lowering Multiple-items File Price

Discussion in 'Tips and How-tos' started by CapHerlock, Jun 11, 2019.

1. CapHerlock
    CapHerlock Active Member
    Hello everyone,
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I felt like it was the most appropriate, so forgive me there. That said, I am about to release a new series of kits in my shop base on the principle of snap together without glue or anything, much the same way LEGO are made. I have a problem though. This is my first kit, the V1 cruise missile:
    V1.jpg
    Now I've already released this item as a single piece for around $22, but when I clip it into multiple parts and upload them in a single file the price jumps at more than $40. Is there any way to control the parameters so as to reduce the price? Since the volume of the parts themselves is even less in the kit form than in the one piece version. Also do you have any tips or suggestions on how to handle this situation aside from making pieces larger which kind of contrasts with the principle I'm applying here?

Thank you

Cheers,
    CapHerlock

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Connect the parts with sprues.. much like your standard plastic model kit.

3. CapHerlock
    CapHerlock Active Member
    Is this the only way? One of the points of this was to avoid cutting and cleaning, but if it's the only way around..

4. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    If you can make the sprues touch the parts on a hidden underside surface, it can reduce or eliminate the need for cleaning up the snipped sprue attachment "nub". SW has been sending out mixed messages regarding sprues, and it looks like we just need to test each model to see what gives the best cost.

5. CapHerlock
    CapHerlock Active Member
    Thank you. This is so annoying though..

6. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    Yep - sure is!

CapHerlock likes this.